Something New Custom Wedding Guest Books and Wedding Albums are all about helping couples share their unique stories, personalities and weddings. So, in true Something New fashion, this blog was designed to help you FLAUNT IT! Special wedding moments, proposal stories, wedded bliss...all real-life, and all YOU! Real couples sharing their happiness, and inspiring other couples! What makes you blissful? Follow along and join in...it should be fun!
Please submit your mishaps, wedded bliss moments and proposal stories for consideration to info@snweddingbooks.com.

Forever? Friday

So, proposals don't always go exactly as planned. But if we've learned anything from Mondays... mishaps sometimes make the greatest memories. I love this week's Forever? Friday. I think you will too.


My hubby, proposed on our first anniversary of dating. He took me to my absolute most favorite restaurant, but before that he asked me if I would take a walk around the gardens. It was pretty dark, and he's not a fan of flowers, so I have to admit I was a little suspicious. We started to take a walk around this beautiful garden that had these little light lamps that came up about waist high. He stopped at the corner of the garden and kneeled down by one of the little lamps and told me all the sweet things I wanted to hear. He takes the ring out ... opens it up... and the lamp bulb blows out. He doesn't even hear me say yes, because the only thought was "oh no she can't see the ring." So he runs to the next lamp holding my hand, gets back down on his knee opens the box again and yes you guessed it... that lamp bulb blew out too.
He grabs my hand and starts running us to the car. I'm saying, "Did you hear me say yes? I don't care what the ring looks like." He says, "But its really nice I swear!"

We get to the car he turns on the interior light and yes the ring is beautiful. He was so focused because he wanted to tell me the story of how he went to the jeweler and designed it himself, picked the stones, and how no one in the world could have the same ring, because it was made special for me, by him.

Very sweet, and very comical ~ well that pretty much sums up our life together sweet and very comical. We will be celebrating our 4th Wedding Anniversary on October 7th.


Cute, right?! :) This story was provided by the owner of Nika Paperworks, so if any of you are searching for invitations...

I hope you all have a blissful, love-filled weekend! See you Monday for a little fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment