Something New Custom Wedding Guest Books and Wedding Albums are all about helping couples share their unique stories, personalities and weddings. So, in true Something New fashion, this blog was designed to help you FLAUNT IT! Special wedding moments, proposal stories, wedded bliss...all real-life, and all YOU! Real couples sharing their happiness, and inspiring other couples! What makes you blissful? Follow along and join in...it should be fun!
Please submit your mishaps, wedded bliss moments and proposal stories for consideration to info@snweddingbooks.com.

Wedded Bliss Wednesday: Emily & Nate

I think Wednesdays might just be my favorite day of the week as far as flaunting it is concerned. I love hearing all the cutesy wedded bliss moments, and (hopefully) getting all our engaged readers out there even more pumped about what they're headed into! Today's story comes from Emily S. (Lehi, UT) and is a great glimpse into the funny moments that make marriage oh-so-worth it! Enjoy!



Disclaimer to reader: This is a story about everyday REAL life moments that make up marriage. I love my husband of 9 years to pieces, and would never, ever replace him with a material object:)

Something wonderful has entered my life most recently, and... well... I think I am in love. A birthday present request was answered, by my mother, in the form of a Body Pillow. Do any of you have one of these?? Well, it has been salvation to my ever growing pregnant form and I couldn't be happier with my new found bed companion. My husband however... well... he doesn't like it so much. It is too big, too hot, it takes up the whole bed, and "I think you love it more than you love me"... these are the complaints I have been hearing out of his mouth. It IS awfully big, and it does take up ALOT of bed space, it is hot--but so cuddly and well... lets be honest, it is giving me comfort that only a body pillow can give a pregnant women, so heck... DO I love it more than him??? These are the thoughts running through my half-crazed, emotional, sleep deprived mind:)

I try to rationalize with him. He knows my sleeping habits. I must be right up against him (we are side-sleepers) and he offers me the much-needed support to keep from rolling to the middle of our too old and worn out mattress that is starting to sag. Not only that, but I like to rest my leg on something... HE being the said something:) Also, my arm needs a place to go, and his shoulder-neck area is the perfect resting spot. My other arm likes to sneak up under his pillow as well to keep it warm in the winter and cool in the summer. This is how I like to sleep. This is when he moves to the couch.

Enter body pillow.

It has literally taken the place of my husband. And he should be happy right?? So several nights ago, after weeks of his complaining about my new companion, I wake up to a jab... it is his knee. What? This can't be! Is he actually fighting for a spot on the body pillow??? A few mornings later I wake up to find the pillow on HIS side of the bed. And the other night, I find his leg inched up over my leg. THIS has got to stop, I think in my half-awake mind... and "gently" move his leg back to where it belongs.

Of course when I bring it up with him during our weekly date night (in a public place so as not to cause too much of a scene) he just laughs; a little too much for an innocent party, if you ask me. I must be mistaken, he insists. But I know the truth... and I have shin bruises to prove it...

Thanks for flaunting your bliss Emily! We wish you and your hubbie (& Mr. Body Pillow) years and years of happy, snuggly sleeping.

Join us Friday for a fun proposal story, and don't forget to send your own in! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment